Spousal pr

Sponsor Your Spouse to Canada

Canadian spousal sponsorship is how a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their partner to come to Canada and live permanently. In Canada, we know how important it is for families to be together. For this reason, applications for spousal sponsorship are considered a top priority.

How Long Does it Take to Sponsor Your Spouse in Canada?

Sponsorship applications take approximately 12 months to process from start to finish. They are typically not processed much faster than 12 months but they can take longer, depending on the nature of your case.

If you have a complicated case, or the visa office requires additional proof of your relationship, this will delay the processing of your case and it will take longer.

What are the Requirements to Sponsor Your Spouse in Canada?
  • You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and meet the following conditions:
    • Are at least 18 years old
    • Live in Canada, or planning to return to Canada once your spouse becomes a permanent resident of Canada
    • Are able and willing to provide for the basic financial needs of your spouse for three years.

      If you are married and looking into sponsoring your husband or wife, immigration officers will expect to see the following evidence:
    • Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation questionnaire
    • NADRA marriage registration certificate / Urdu Nikah Nama with English translation
    • Wedding photos (pre-wedding, wedding and post-wedding photos)
    • Birth certificate, Valid Passport and CNIC (showing your spouse name)
    • Proof of on-going communication between your spouse in Canada
    • Proof of any financial support provided from your spouse in Canada
    • Reference letters from your friends and guests who attended your wedding

    • And at least two of the following documents (if available):

      • Proof that you and your spouse own property together
      • Shared bank accounts,
      • Utility bills with both of your names,
      • Copies of government-issued IDs,
      • Car insurance,
      • Pay stubs or tax forms that show that you live at the same address

Get a consultant